Howdy everyone,

I’m reaching out in an attempt to start an RFC for the apach2handler module,
and I'm eager to hear your perspectives. I’ve already created a Draft PR on
GitHub (https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/14047), and I am ready to move
forward with the next steps of the proposal (RFC karma/wiki). The current
Apache2handler issue is the inability to get user input during an HTTP 101
Upgrade request. Current PHP standards require binding to a port and serving
all connections in a PHP CLI server. In my brief draft, I explain how current
io streams function and how this solution differs. My change could be a
game-changer for shared hosting environments. But what's even more exciting is
its unexplored potential for normal requests. This could open up a whole new
world of possibilities. I'm open to further discussion and collaboration to
ensure its success and get passing tests :)

The function would expose the HTTPD function `ap_get_conn_socket`; below are
the generalized calls.

apr_sock = ap_get_conn_socket(r->connection);
stream = php_stream_sock_open_from_socket(fd, NULL);
apr_os_sock_get(&fd, apr_sock)
php_stream_to_zval(stream, return_value);

Please refer to the PR for the real implementation :) Thanks for your time!

PHP Wiki user:    WookieeTyler

Best,

Richard Miles
Miles Systems LLC
Richard@Miles.Systems
(817) 789-3294

Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, is for
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
message.