On Sat, Jun 29, 2024, at 19:31, Ben Ramsey wrote:
> > On Jun 29, 2024, at 12:25, Saki Takamachi <s...@sakiot.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >> Sure, it’s allowed to change its mind, but if we bring this for a vote in
> >> two weeks, and then we vote a week later for the other (or even at the
> >> same time), I would see the results of those votes as conflicting
> >> viewpoints and not as the community changing its mind within the span of a
> >> few weeks.
> >
> > I am pretty sure there is no chance that another RFC will start voting at
> > the same time as this one (unless they ignore the discussion and start it
> > forcefully).
> >
> > And even if they were to force a vote, it would have almost no chance of
> > passing.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Saki
>

> Fair enough. I agree that we probably won’t find ourselves in this
> hypothetical conflicting state.
>
> Cheers,
> Ben

I think it is extremely likely they'll be out for a vote at the exact same
time. I literally just finished the implementation and example code. I'll
probably be opening a PR in the morning (EU time) as well as updating the RFC
with clearer examples, details for implementors, etc.

My RFC includes a vote that this RFC encompasses, so it seems like a pissing
match just for the sake of pissing.

— Rob