> On Jul 1, 2024, at 9:00 AM, Larry Garfield <la...@garfieldtech.com> wrote:
> 3. Using URLs as the package naming system is the dumbest thing Go ever did.
> Let's not replicate that. :-)

This is probably the wrong thread and maybe even the wrong list to discuss
this, but having programmed in PHP for a decade and then half a decade also in
Go I think using URLs as the package naming system to be one of the smarter
things Go ever did.

So I would really like to hear objective arguments as to why you think Go using
URLs for packages is dumb. Feel free to take this to another thread, to a
private email, or elsewhere if not appropriate for here.

-Mike