> On 3 Jul 2024, at 21:07, Vincent de Lau <vinc...@delau.nl> wrote:

If you choose to be offended by my opinion, I can't really help that.

> To come back to spl_autoload: That function pre-dates namespaces and is
> highly opinionated on how to organise code. All lower-case filenames, class
> per-file, files in include_path, full namespace in path, you name it. If that
> is what projects wanted at the time, or even now, PSR-0 and the PHP-FIG would
> possibly not even exist.

It's less highly opinionated than either PSR, but that's my whole point: it's
*someone else's opinion*, hence it's opposed by FIG.

Neither of which is the point I was making - someone claimed that autoloaders
are implicitly userland code. The point is they don't *have* to be, and there
is a perfectly useable one built in to the SPL extension; if it's "too
opinionated" (or the opinions are ones you don't like), it's hardly the most
in-depth of functions, and it already *has* configurable parts, so adding in
more control shouldn't exactly require a rocket scientist to add, for example,
the ability to use the original case of the class name.