On Tue, 9 Jul 2024, Tim Düsterhus wrote:

> On 7/8/24 06:29, Saki Takamachi wrote:
>
> > I don't think a satisfactory specification will be decided on this
> > before the feature freeze, so I will not rush into discussing this
> > RFC for now. Of course, no voting will take place until the
> > specifications are decided. If we were to discuss this change again,
> > it would be in versions beyond 8.4.
>
> I agree with Juliette that as long as passing a non-integer float to
> an int parameter is only a deprecation warning, widening the signature
> to `string|int` is too much of a breaking change.

I agree too, and don't think we should change this in PHP 8.x.

and probably would also question:

"bcfloor() and bcceil() are excluded because there is no point in
allowing int type arguments due to the characteristics of their
functions. "

Although that is right, having these *also* accept ints would at least
be consistent.

cheers,
Derick