On 25/06/2024 16:17, Derick Rethans wrote:
we shouldn't be encouraging static classes as a bag of static functions, that
ought to be just namespaced functions.

cheers,
Derick

Can someone clue me in as to why grouping related functions in a file with nothing but a namespace is strictly better than those same related functions grouped as members of a class? It doesn't have to be Larry or Derick, because even though they have expressed this view, I am aware they are not the only ones whom hold it. Anyone who can shed some light on this perspective is welcome to comment.

Cheers,
Bilge