Hi all,

it seems to me that we're pulling through ext/snmp without having any
real expert of the protocol, let alone of the implementation.  The
extension has no code owner, and according to EXTENSIONS, it has no
primary maintainer for more than ten years.  Skimming through the commit
log mostly shows general clean-ups and changes.  And seeing that there
have only two issues been reported on Github[1], I would conclude that
either the extension just works as expected, or that it is not used
much.  A recent doc-bug report[2] makes me believe it's the latter.

Personally, I barely know what SNMP is used for, but have no deeper
understanding of that protocol, and I can remember that it took me quite
a while to work out how to even set up a testing environment on Windows
(without understanding the details).

So the question is: do we have any SNMP experts (or some who want to
become SNMP experts) around, who would want to take a look at the
extension and its documentation?

[1]
<https://github.com/php/php-src/issues?q=is%3Aissue+label%3A%22Extension%3A+snmp%22+is%3Aopen>
[2] <https://github.com/php/doc-en/issues/3690>