Klaus Reimer wrote:
I've just seen that finally it's possible to do "$object->getOtherObject()->doSomething()" with PHP5 which was not possible in PHP4. But I wonder why something like this still does not work:

  $object->returnArray()[$index]
  returnArray()[$index]
  array(1,2,3,4)[$index]

It would be really cool if a future version of PHP understands the above syntax because currently it's really annoying to access an array element returned from a method/function because the return value must be stored in a temporary variable before it is possible to access elements from that array.

I'm seconding this strongly. One of the most useful enhancements for meare, as you mention, $object->getOtherObject()->doSomething(), and the foreach ($a as $b => &c) syntax. Direct array referencing would be #3 for me [besides all the suport oo features] ;)

- Markus