Wez Furlong wrote:

I'm a big fan of making the computer do the work on our behalf (that's
what it's there for, right?).

It shouldn't be a huge problem to write a php script to generate the
different executors from a source file. If you're worried about
bootstrapping, we can keep the generated files in CVS and/or bundle
them pre-generated in the distro.

Yeah, actually Dmitry wrote a script that converted the old executor into the new executor, so the script was already there. I think its that Andi doesn't like the concept (I do like the concept btw), not the work involved. Personally, I'd prefer to see the executor generated, so long as the source format is well thought-out. Cause it will allow us to do things like, for example, generating an x86 JIT.

-Sterling