On Friday 22 October 2004 15:42, Joe Orton wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 02:26:50PM +0200, Edin Kadribasic wrote:
> > >
> > > For Linux at least that was fixed since 2.0.50, or are you using 1.3
> > > still?
> >
> > I still use 1.3 (like, I guess, most of the PHP installations outthere).
>
> Then consider this your official wake-up call :)

This is unrealistic. I'd rather have PHP working with my Apache 1.3 without
crashing it.

So so far _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 fixes one crash, makes is_*() functions work,
allows opening an writing large files. On the downside it creates binary
compatibility problems with external libraries which use off_t in function
prototypes (I found one such call in php4 source, but it could be that I have
missed some). I know I will have it enabled in all my PHP builds...

Edin