Please don't make broad statements that iODBC and unixODBC are not fast. They are plenty fast. They run slow in PHP because we use a dynamic cursor, no other reason can/should be attributed to their performance in PHP. Our continued use of the dynamic cursor is mostly for BC and my unwillingness to deal with the fallout of changing it (again).

As far as including the ODBCRouter in the PHP code, I wanted to know more about what it is before it goes further. The website is full of non-useful information regarding what ODBCRouter does. If it's another driver manager, I see no problem including it. If it is another case of "we want our proprietary driver included" I'm voting against it. I would much rather see the uODBC work primarily with driver managers, than becoming a driver manager of our own design. As I said, from the literature found online, I cannot tell which of these it really falls into.