Andi Gutmans wrote:
I believe both PDO and Date should be included in the default distro. As far as PDO is concerned I think for each DB if it is selected at configure time, the relevant PDO extension should also be enabled. So doing --with-oci8 should enable both ext/oci8 and ext/pdo_oci. This will give users more of a choice, give more exposure to PDO which is one of the most important features of 5.1 and of course, it doesn't really cost us very much except for having to do some configure hacking.

If I can get off my ass and get it finished up it would be good to get a default input filtering extension in there as well. We have not done much to help people do proper input validation and although the hook for it is in 5.0 I doubt anybody has actually used it yet. I'll try to get it into PECL in the next week or so for people to have a look.

-Rasmus