Well there you go. A default filter. So I don't know what you mean with "For
the 18th time, nobody is talking about enabling it by default.", because an
administrator might. And I as a developer have no clue. Personally, I don't
see why a webserver admin should need to secure his server through means of
a default filter. There are good ways to secure a machine. This is not one
of them  You don't secure a server by setting a default that a user can
override. So really, that is no argument.

Like I said before. If a webserver admin dicatates the default way $_GET and
$_POST data is perceived, a website developer has no choice but to use this
filtering mechanism on every input variable he receives, because he just
can't rely on PHP's default behaviour anymore. You see, not everybody agrees
that you can't do without input filtering (myself for example), so in the
end, there's no doubt in my mind that forcing a new magic default on
PHP-users will make a lot of people unhappy.

Ron

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]