Ok, this is getting plain annoying. Please stop this endless chatter, all of you! It's annoying, senseless, and counter-productive. If you *really* want to keep bitching at eachother, then please do it somewhere else (iow, not on the list).

Andrei Zmievski wrote:
Terje,

Yeah, follow it up with an insult; that'll do lovely. If you had some
insight into human nature, you'd know that humour is very subjective, and
given the feedback I've got from others in this thread (which have _not_
been jokes), it's rather hard to see what's a joke and what's not.

Perhaps you should examine your own insight into human nature. You have
been arguing endlessly about a feature that is questionable, if not
completely unnecessary in PHP, and given the number and the nature of
replies you received from many PHP developers, you would have been
better off giving it up or finding another approach. However, you
persist and view your own opinions as the only valid ones.

Let me explain: Although I understood that the literal thing you wrote above
was of course a joke, my question was meant to see whether there was a
serious side to the joke, as well. In other words, if people reacted
negatively to this (and, judging from other reactions, it seems so, or at
least, they concentrated on the code, rather than my point illustrated with
it).

If you know it was a joke, you should have taken it as one.

I've been known to have a good sense of humour. However, I'm also sensitive,
so when I don't know if something is meant as a joke or not, I don't find it
amusing.

Apparently, this was something you didn't understand, at all, and instead
insult me about something you know _nothing_ about.

Is that C++ or your sense of humor?

What have I done to you, to get an insult from you? How would you feel
it if someone else said this to you? A friggin' immature thing to say.

Enough of this.

- Andrei