Zeev Suraski wrote:
If it was an issue that everyone and their dog was bumping into, then I may have thought differently - but it's an issue that is rare enough, and can be worked around. And those that really need it to be fixed - can use the patch.

As we have run into segfaults with objects and references a couple of times here I'd be interested in more details about the problem and the implications of the patch.

I'm reading the mailing list throught the NNTP interface and it seems to miss part of the conversation as the thread starts with Re: References Problem Patch. Seems to be the same for the mailing list archive.

If you decide not to fix the 4.x branch then we'd minimally need an easily accessible document describing the known problems and work-arounds IMHO.

Thanks,
- Chris