JL>>some of them yet, but I release this code to be used. Someone comes along
JL>>and extends my class. If I have these future planned functions in as
JL>>abstract private, then they are protected for my future use in the base
JL>>class. The user extending my class will realize he needs to use a different
JL>>function name.

How would he? Private methods by definition can't be seen by child
classes, so whatever you do with private methods would have no influence
on inheriting class. That's the whole point in it, why I think it's of no
use - because you can't meaningfully both require override (abstract) and
hide from inherited classes (private).

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Zend Products Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.zend.com/ +972-3-6139665 ext.115