Derick Rethans wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after reading this very long thread, and problems with having the public
> keyword I decided not to allow any kind of forward compability to be
> introduced into PHP 4.4. Discussion is over.

Yeah, I think the change really needs to be in PHP5 instead.  Right now
the E_STRICT warnings in PHP5 on this stuff are not very useful.  They
are just strict enough to be annoying by warning about "var" but not
strict enough to be useful because there is no warning on undeclared
properties.

-Rasmus