Indeed, ftp:// doesn't use the transports layer at all.  I'll patch this
up....

-Sara

""Nuno Lopes"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> OK. but at least it could work with 'x.x.x.x:0'. From I what I remember
from
> the code, it always uses NULL as bindto when calling
> php_network_connect_socket_to_host().
>
> Nuno

file_get_contents('http://darkstar.ist.utl.pt/gentoo/snapshots/portage-20050
712.tar.bz2.md5sum',
> > NULL, $bogus);
> > echo

file_get_contents('ftp://ftp.rnl.ist.utl.pt/gentoo/snapshots/portage-2005071
2.tar.bz2.md5sum',
> > NULL, $bogus);
> > ?>
> >
> > outputs a warning with the http wrapper, but not with the ftp one.
> > Is it a bug or a feature? :)
> >
> > Nuno

TCP/IP