Hmm,
I was complaining about inusaability ot type hinting because of this fatal
errors but nobody seems heard me :(. One better do a check in the code than
risking a fatal error which is unstoppable...
I call this showstopper if we say that we are proud with the type-hinting.

Andrey

Quoting Derick Rethans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hei,

currently if you pass a wrong object's type to a typehinted parameter:

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ cat /tmp/foo.php
        <?php
        class foo {
                function bar(foo $a)
                {
                }
        }

        $a = new foo;
        $a->bar(new stdClass);
        ?>
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ php /tmp/foo.php

        Fatal error: Argument 1 must be an instance of foo in /tmp/foo.php on
        line 3

As type hinting is a new OO thing, it might perhaps make some sense to
make this an exception instead - as this error might also happen for
dynamic things by people who use the classes you designed. In that case
having this fatal error to stop the whole application can be annoying.
Opinions?

Derick