On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Derick Rethans wrote:

Now that we branched it's time to rename HEAD to something else than 5.1
in order to have different version numbers. Although the name PHP 5.5
was mentioned before, I do think we should call it PHP 6.0. As the
Unicode support is quite a drastic change. Going with PHP 6.0 also
allows us to be a little less strict with breaking BC in the cases where
that might be useful for the Unicode support.

    +1 and can we now also drop PHP_5_0 branch? :)

    --Jani