Hello Wez,
  i fixed some bugs in re2c since -o was added. Some of those were serious
ones. Whether they affect pdo i cannot tell but for one issue i know that it
may affect ext/standard usage (depending on the compiler iirc). Maybe jani
can recall the reasons why and when we increased the re2c version
requirement.

marcus

Best regards,
 Marcus