I think you missed the point. Not all places that use is_a() should need this functionality, and it's questionable if they do...

At 06:01 PM 8/11/2005 +0200, Michael Wallner wrote:
Hi Andi Gutmans, you wrote:

> Nothing hidden. I just don't think it's broken. I don't think it'll be
> terrible to change and I will look into it (actually already have).

Good news!

> I do think that people here missed the point though. If your code really
> requires this functionality then I think there's a problem in most
> cases. I think for most people in favor it was more a philosophical
> argument then one backed with massive real world usage...

Well, IMO both cases are true.

> About PEAR, I don't know the code and excuse me if I don't trust your
> stats :)

Heh :) those are approximately - from a pear/ checkout at 10:30am CEST

E:\temp\pear>w:\cyg\bin\find . -name \*.php | wc -l
3590

E:\temp\pear>grep -R "is_a(" . | wc -l
685

Thanks,