On 8/13/05 2:25 AM, "Ilia Alshanetsky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Why would I need name spaces for basic functions, just so that I need to
> rename all my code to use str:replace rather then str_replace and
> perform 2 hash table lookups?

Or maybe so that you don't have to look at the manual fifteen times a minute
so that you can remember whether the needle goes before the haystack in a
particular function or not.

I'm not saying it's the perfect solution, but it's a good opportunity to
clean things up a bit. Or it can be done in the global namespace and forget
about namespaces altogether--I don't care much for them either, but I do
think that consistent function naming and parameter ordering is an
opportunity worth taking advantage of, that's all.

Marco

--
Marco Tabini
President & CEO