You and the rest of the people on internals@ are not the masses nor do they represent them in any way. When a 'non-contributor' dares to voice an opinion, he's shut up because he's, well, a non-contributor. He's the one that matters, though, not you.

PHP doesn't need to be a true-democracy (unfocused and dismissive of the minority), nor an elitist oligarchy (insular and unresponsive to real needs).

Yes, the php-general@ masses are the "voice of the people". The unwashed majority of the masses want simplicity and constancy, and it's important that they be provided with such. But there's also that marginalized minority of *good* scripters out there who will ultimately outgrow PHP because it doesn't offer the level of professional internal consistency they're looking for.

It's our responsibilities, as contributors, maintainers, and those merely voicing concerns in open forum to consider all of the masses (unwashed and otherwise) when making decisions of internal focus.

I appreciate that the "WishList" is long and aggressive. It's also not a binary image. Let's spread it all out on the table and compare what's good and not-so-good about it.

The masses deserve that consideration.

-Sara