AG>>Problem is that some extensions that don't "support" Unicode will
AG>>still work. Extensions like gd might "almost" work out of the box.

We can go over "standard" extensions and rubber-stamp ones that we think
do not need changes. As for PECL/external extensions, I think maintainers
should do that. Once we have easy (and adding _UNICODE in one place is
quite easy) and properly documented procedure of "unicode-enabling" an
extension, I don't think this should be a problem. We can also add an
error message referring to the docs once loading non-unicode-enabled
extension is attempted to load in unicode mode.

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Zend Products Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.zend.com/ +972-3-6139665 ext.115