At 10:17 25/08/2005, Marcus Boerger wrote:
Hello Andi,

  wow, now that makes me wonder if you perhaps also know a reason for?
I mean in theory it should be faster shouldn't it? Or is the problem
that we far to often use TRSMLS_FETCH() with all its disadvantages?

Whenever we touch a shared resource (primarily in TSRMLS_FETCH()), it's a slight slowdown. Passing on the context everywhere is also a slight slowdown, but it's probably slight enough to be barely noticeable.

The bottom line is that it is a bit slower, and much more prone to bugs.

Zeev