Newsgroups: php.internals
To: <internals@lists.php.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 4:48 AM
Subject: Re: crc32

With a crc function the way you propose it, such a filter could be
effectively made in userspace, but you could of course also implement such a filter in the core of php which could do the same trick. Maybe both would be
nice.

Ron

"Wojtek Meler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schreef in bericht
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ron Korving wrote:
> Wouldn't it be more practical to implement these as stream filters?

Sure - I was not aware PHP5 streams - I'm still using PHP4
string.base64 is good choice. But I'm not sure if crc fit to streams.
You can always implement fast userland filter with such function ;) .

Wojtek