> #define GETS_FETCH_SIZE 2048000

That size doesn't seem a bit excessive to you?  I thought the whole point of
dumping it to a file was to avoid huge memory chunks.  Not to mention the
fact that reserving 2MB of stack space makes me a little twitchy...

> /* {{{ proto bool imap_savebody(resource stream_id,
> string file, int msg_no, string section[, int options])

I'd make section option with the default being whatever it is that just
gives you the whole body.  Come to that it probably makes sense to be able
to save the entire message (including headers).

I'd also suggest either a second function, or an overloaded second parameter
so that an existing stream could be used.  This way a scripter could shuttle
multiple messages off to a spool file, or open one for appending and add a
message, or dump it to network socket (maybe they're implementing their own
POP3=>IMAP gateway (god only knows why).

-Sara