Jani Taskinen wrote:

    Unnecessary, you can tell the user within the closing comment
    in which branches you fixed the bug. Don't forget that it can
    CHANGE later, someone reverts the fix or the fix wasn't needed
    or.. you get the picture.

Does it hurt though?

It makes it alot easier to update things if necessary. Say for example we decide not to release a specific version we can easily find all the relevant bug reports and update the milestone version. Also it will help reminds developers to even put this information in, compared to the current state of affairs where the tendency to not note anything. Finally this information will be a in a fixed location in a fixed format, compared to in the comments where additional comments can clutter this information away.

Finally the RM can target any relevant open bugs easily this way and quickly get to them.

I see only advantages and no real disadvantage.

regards,
Lukas