Antony Dovgal wrote:
> Obviously, no, this won't be the only way to get the data.

That's good.

>>> You may filter data recursively, so filtering, for example, _POST or
>>> _GET would work fine.
>>
>> Recursion does not solve the problem I'm trying to highlight.
>>
> Didn't get the problem, sorry.
> Could you try to explain it once more?

This particular extension treats each input variable individually, which is not desirable in majority of scripts I worked with. Such approach adds unnecessary complexity to the script, and requires to handle each invalid variable separately as well. But the real problem is that there are many ways of filtering input, and I do not think any of them fits all the situations.

>> "Part of the standard API, which is included with PHP and compiles by
>> default", if you will.
>

> So, basically you're objecting against enabling it by default?
> Why? I really do not see a reason to not include it by default, if it
> helps to write more secure code.
> (remember that "enabled by default" means you can disable it in a moment).

Well, I think that everything in core distribution is a suggested standard. But a language should not, in my opinion, suggest any particular structure for the program, unless it's absolutely necessary. It's not a major issue, but still...