Hello Bob,

  it is only awkward because you want to turn php into c++. We are a
different language here and thus can chose any separator that works for
us. And neither : nor :: work. Instead from keeping us from working by
having to explain this over and over and over again i suggest you show
me a working patch that does not break trillions of php scripts.

marcus

Saturday, November 26, 2005, 3:36:42 AM, you wrote:

> For what its worth (not much), I'd rather give up namespace constants and
> use : rather than enforce whitespace which is just BAD from a language
> perspective. Makes it feel like programming in bash. The concept behind
> namespaces (in PHP at least) is rooted in OOP, so requiring a class just to
> have constants in your namespace isn't too much to ask for. The parser
> conflict with other syntax.

> If we are truly stuck with \ so be it, but I think alternatives with some
> level of compromise should be considered before \ is settled upon. It's just
> plain awkward IMO.

> Bob Silva

Best regards,
 Marcus