No one answered my original email to create a design document, so I will do
it anyways and see what happens, if anything maybe I get a better
understanding and follow your advice to create my own patch since neither
existing patch looks "fine" to me (and it appears to core developers as
well) in its implementation. I don't particularly like the "inner prefixing"
that the namespace patch performs, and while the module concept looks nice,
it uses the zend_class_entry structs to modularize which doesn't sit well
with me either and obviously had a few problems when it was first tried in
the early 5.0 development.

Bob Silva