My objection to goto is based on the fact that it allows to randomly
transfer control between arbitary points of script, which can (and
will) easily lead to spaghetti code and actually promotes this style of
writing code.

Yes, I agree... Exceptions cause exactly that kind of confus...oh..wait... you were talking about goto, my mistake... Sure sounded like exception behavior to me. I guess with exceptions you get the benefit of not knowing where execution is arbitrarily jumping to. Getting to guess what file/scope you have to look in to find the catcher... Yeah, that's much better.

It has nothing to do with goto cleaning or not cleaning anything.

"Exceptions allow passing control to specific well-defined points with stack unwinding, etc. What this has to do with goto?"

Why point out that exceptions do clean up after themselves then? What argument are you really trying to make?

Please drop this tinfoil-hat conspiracy baloney, really. It's not funny.

Logic doesn't seem to have a place in this conversation, so we all might as well have some fun and just toss it to the wind eh?

-Sara