LS>>I think its obvious that you can implement things in userland or inside the
LS>>engine. The main advantage of doing it inside the engine is that it then
LS>>becomes the standard way of doing things, where as with userland its likely
LS>>that several competing "standards" will emerge. Not because of real
LS>>advantages, but just because of lack of a central standard.

I don't see anything there to be implemented in the engine. What exactly
you want the engine to do? Only thing I can see is to support it in
is_callable() - I'm not sure if it worth it but we can do so that
is_callable would check if the object has __callable function or
implements interface CallableCheck or whatever and if it has, call it.
Though I'm not sure it really worth the hassle - all three people that
need it in real world probably already implemented it in userland anyway.

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Zend Products Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.zend.com/ +972-3-6139665 ext.115