I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about this:

I had extended the DOM classes to make my own xDocument object. Now, I want to
be able to specify a new DTD in the document by default. The problem is, that
the DOMImplementation only returns a dom document. Now I want to be able to
get my xDocument back somehow. Is there any way I can take a dom
implementation and shove it into my xDocument somehow? I've tried setting the
members on my xDocument to point to this new implementation, but dom makes
sure those members are read only.

Any idea's?

Many thanks
Daine Mamacos.