Ron Korving wrote:
Oh right, okay. For a moment I thought you were talking about a variable-length case insensitive string compare based on this principle :) Your macro seems like a good idea to me. The function I was talking about was an apache-flag checking function, not php.ini, but I guess this could just as well be applied for php.ini.

Like I said, the speedup is about 5x, so I think it's worth it.

The speedup of a single function might as well be 5x, but how many time is it called and can the performance increase be measured in benchmark test such as the that was posted by Rasmus?

Edin