On Sun, April 16, 2006 7:38 pm, Pierre wrote:
> isset and empty share the same implementation, the only difference is
> what they return (in short). They behave "the same", they should
> continue do so if empty accept many arguments.

Actually...

Unless the docs are lying to me...

empty() checks the contents of the value, and does something quite
different based on the value found.

isset() just plain checks in the hash table[s] if the variable has
been assigned, and that's it.

Plus, the meaning of empty() changed in some a way with "0" between
versions 3 and 4, and then again with respect to objects with no
properties between 4 and 5.

isset() has never changed its meaning out from under me. :-)

So, while the guts of the function may be the same in source, there's
got to be some kind of flag or something going on for empty() to be
checking all those values, no???

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm