Hi,

I'm starting on a pg_real_escape_string and pg_real_escape_bytea function for PostgreSQL, based on this security release:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/techdocs.49

Is anyone else working on it, or is it fine that I do it? I'll let you know if it's going to take me too long.

Basically the new functions are analagous to the mysql_real_escape_string function. The difference will be that the pgsql function will have the optional DB connection resource as the first parameter rather than the second. (Same as other pgsql functions)

Any comments?

There may be cause to backport these functions ... although the existing pg_escape_string function is safe in a single threaded context. That's your guys call.

Chris