Derick Rethans wrote:

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, Ilia Alshanetsky wrote:

And we need to get a bit on track as well. Let's outline possible options for
names, vote on them and move on to more important things.

The two naming options available so far are:

Option A: DateTime & DateTimeZone

That one is fine.

This gives less trouble than an internal 'Date'. The nice thing about PEAR is that you do NOT have to use it, or you can craft your own version - which is EXACTLY where I am at the moment - so I can rewrite that module to use DateTime in the interim without any problems.

The 'problem' was created a long time ago when a naming convention was NOT put in place and hundreds of messages are not going to solve that now :(

I would probably argue that a 'disable' for new internal functions would be useful, but since the new functions ARE DateTime then lets just get them in and get on. ALL my C code uses a DateTime class ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL