Andrei Zmievski wrote:
Rob,

I have not tested the patch, but it looks good to me on cursory overview. I assume it passes your tests? The only comment I have is regarding the usage of 't' and 'T' specifiers. Since you always have to pass binary UTF-8 strings to libxml, we should always use 's' specifier and let PHP downconvert Unicode strings based on the runtime encoding (which you set to UTF-8).
Updated the code with your suggestion. I first attempted to eliminate having to change converters when running with unicode off for all the "t" parameters (save a few extra instructions there), but code is much more manageable now than converting them manually.

Would like some feedback, though, on the changes made to xmlreader before moving on to any of the other extensions (seeing the changes are going to be pretty much the same).

Rob