Edin Kadribasic wrote:
Richard Quadling wrote:
So where does this leave adding pecl/zip to 5.2? PDO is not core for
Windows so should zip?

PDO is bundled in the core PHP distribution. Pierre was not asking for
Zip to be enabled by default, just to be a part of the distro.

Yes, exactly.

As for the PDO for archive format argument:
The main reason for a base PDO extension was the idea of providing a framework for database extensions. The question now is if such a thing is necessary for archive formats? I think it would be sufficient to ensure that there is a common API for all common aspects. Since we are talking about OO here, all you need to do then is to use the constructor of the given format and you are done. So note for example that while PDO has a common constructor for all RDBMS it does not provide a common DSN format either.

regards,
Lukas