Scott MacVicar wrote:
Hi,

After we recently experienced an XSS through what can only be described as IE's shocking attempt at determining the mime type from the data and ignoring what the server sent we decided to look into implementing HTTP-only cookies. We know it's not a solution for preventing XSS, but adding this would complicate the process for those wanting to exploit any discovered problems before they are rectified.

HTTP-only is a feature in IE 6 SP1, Opera, Safari and KDE to allow the setting of cookies that will only be sent via HTTP headers and never accessible via client side scripting.

Ref: http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/httponly_cookies.asp

I’ve added the flags for setcookie and setrawcookie. There is also support for the session system as well included.

+1

--

Brian Moon