I have a suggestion that is related a little to my bug report #38394 (
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=38394).

It's about the execution of a prepared statement.
Let's say we have a prepared statement for

UPDATE table SET field1 = :field1, field2 = :field3 WHERE id = :id

in order to execute it we have something like this:
$data = array ('id' => 3, 'field1' => 'value1', 'field2' => 'value2');
$stmt->execute ($data);

But I think that it is so common to have things like this
$data = array ('id' => 3, 'field1' => 'value1', 'field2' => 'value2',
'field3' => 'value3', 'field4' => 'value4');
$stmt->execute ($data);

But that is not executed because we have some additional key/value pairs.
So the idea is to allow this. Also I suggest we allow using object along
with an array. This is a common situation also.

But I have to ask you about the C implementation because it may need a lot
of rewriting about this but if it is easy, it think it may be good to be
done.