On 11/08/06, Arpad Ray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Unknown W. Brackets wrote:
>  Fair enough.  I was under the (now obviously wrong) impression that
>  setting post_max_size to 0 wouldn't let me get to the post data.

Of course then $_POST isn't available, so if you want to handle normal
POST data in the same request it also has to be manually parsed. I use
an .htaccess file to limit this to the one file handling these requests.

>  But that's still setting you dependent on it being Apache.  I would
>  need (if I were to add this feature to any of my software) to write
>  this in code that can run on IIS or as CGI (because it is intended
>  for end-users.)

I believe you could use $_SERVER/$_ENV['CONTENT_LENGTH'] in CGI, I don't
know about the IIS ISAPI module though.

Arpad

If I set Windows ISAPI's post_max_size to 0 bytes, I get ...

Warning: POST Content-Length of 9261 bytes exceeds the limit of 0
bytes in Unknown on line 0

My handler is <?php phpinfo(); ?>. There is no need to actually handle
the upload.

and

_SERVER["CONTENT_LENGTH"]     9261
_SERVER["CONTENT_TYPE"]       multipart/form-data;
boundary=---------------------------1753618095350
_SERVER["HTTP_CONTENT_LENGTH"]        9261
_SERVER["HTTP_CONTENT_TYPE"]  multipart/form-data;
boundary=---------------------------1753618095350

But even with ...

always_populate_raw_post_data   On

I get ...

Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA (for
$HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA) and Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA
(for $_SERVER['HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA']).

Assuming you CAN get the length, it may be that you cannot actually
get the data.

--
-----
Richard Quadling