Hi again.

To something different: I've read [1] that return type hints for functions
have been considered for PHP 6, possibly even planned. In [1], it says: "We
will add support for type-hinted return values."

I've searched the archives, but haven't found much on this since about a
year ago. Does anyone have the latest on this? Is it planned, dropped, over
somebody's "smoking carcass", ;) or what?

I've also tried the latest PHP 6 dev-version, a while ago, but it seems it's
not in there, yet, at least.

If not dropped, have a syntax for this been agreed on?

Regards,

Terje

[1]
http://www.php.net/~derick/meeting-notes.html#type-hinted-properties-and-return-values