On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:35:16 +0200
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> ...Just forgot to CC...
> >you can use any function name as method name without a clash. you
> >just cannot use language constructs that aren't real functions like
> >"empty", "echo" or "require" as method names.
>
> >this question better belongs to php-general, btw.
>
> Sorry if I didn't made myself clear enough. I'm talking about
> C-extensions. I've tried to implement the PHP_METHOD(class, xyz). It
> compiles fine, but in runtime "PHP Warning: cannot redeclare xyz..."
> will appaer.

It is possible to name a method like an existing function, I'm not sure
what you are doing exactly but it works here.

When your class is called zip and you have a function called zip_open,
it will conflict with the function name when you build against php <
5.2.0. It is fixed in 5.2 and a work around exists, see ext/zip for an
example.

-- Pierre