>It is possible to name a method like an existing function, I'm not sure
>what you are doing exactly but it works here.

I've tried: STRING_METHOD(String, trim) {...} (Yes, I'm trying to build a
string class)
that means that I also redefinied the Macros. Then I've changed the Macros from
PHP_METHOD
and PHP_ME to ZEND_NAMED_FUNCTION and ZEND_FENTRY.

Still on startup "PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
trim"
appears.

>When your class is called zip and you have a function called zip_open,
>it will conflict with the function name when you build against php <
>5.2.0. It is fixed in 5.2 and a work around exists, see ext/zip for an
>example.

I haven't found any real differences (but now I know that there is more than one
way to create a class).

So I will have to wait for 5.2 to get a trim-method?

Daniel