Terje Slettebø wrote:
The above was a contrived example, meant to illustrate the point. What's so
bad about it? That it doesn't check the return value?

I am not worried about the return value of the method. I am concerned that $this->something is unset yet does not throw a notice. This is only true for properties of objects. Any other variable in PHP does not behave this way. IMHO, PHP should either initialize that variable to a default type and value or throw a notice when you try and use it without setting its value.

--

Brian Moon