I agree.  Aside from making things difficult, these extra checks are
using up CPU cycles when we don't otherwise care about the "problems"
that are being highlighted.

I've been out of the loop for a couple of months, so I'm really
surprised that we've gotten all the way into late RC with such a
drastic change.

+1 for reducing the severity of these things.
+0 for taking the checks out.

--Wez.