Glenn Richmond wrote:
Hi guys,

Just wondering what the status of the user-defined session handlers is?

I've tested with 5.2rc4 and there is an issue that the references to the
user functions get erased when the user calls session_write_close or
session_destroy. This means that the system reverts to an alternative
handler.

Any idea if this issue has been resolved or if not, how it could be
resolved? It basically makes large-scale user-defined session handlers
impossible (for general website handling). It has been discussed
previously, but no solution has been proposed as of yet.

I am quite sure we had this behaviour since forever.
Did you verify that this is not old?

regards,
Lukas